How do you import a price list from excel rather than manually adding each item?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Hello, we are just starting out with your software. We have approximately 100 line items in an excel file that we currently use to generate quotes. I have played around with the quote generator and it appears that you have to manually add in each item. Is there a way of importing the price list as one?
Photo of Dominic Hussey

Dominic Hussey

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Janice Atherton

Janice Atherton, Official Rep

• 1286 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Hi Dominic

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately FreeAgent does not currently support the import of a price list, so I'm sorry to say that it looks like you may have to manually input this initially.

Apologies if this causes you inconvenience.

Kind regards

Janice
Photo of thetyke1

thetyke1

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
Sorry to write on an old thread, but is the situation still the same?
I have a lot of items that are on an excel stocklist and it would take hours to manually input them.
Photo of Charissa

Charissa

• 544 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi,

Unfortunately this is still the case so please accept our apologies for this.

To help I have just added this to our future feature request list for our development team to consider.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Charissa
Photo of Ewen McDonald

Ewen McDonald

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

Referring to the four year old post above, has this been added yet ?

Surely this is basic functionality which is an obvious requirement ?

Many thanks.

Ewen
Photo of Liam Leask

Liam Leask

• 117 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Ewan,

Thank you for getting in touch.  I have added your vote to this from a comment on another thread but unfortunately this is not something we are working on at the moment.  As you can imagine we receive lots of good ideas and suggestions but we make every effort to implement the more popular features based on demand and available resources.

There's lots of things we'd really like to add but I can't say for sure if this will be added. Here's what we're currently working on and what we've recently delivered: http://depot.freeagent.com/

I noticed on the other thread you were also interested in exporting your price list.  You should be able to copy and paste straight into a spreadsheet to do this so hopefully that helps you in some way.

Once again, thank your for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Liam
Photo of Mark Austin

Mark Austin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Two years further on and I'm asking the same question, can we import a price list yet? I'm an IT consultant and know this can't be complicated or time consuming to do.
Photo of Ruth Broderick

Ruth Broderick, Product Manager

• 308 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch with your feedback. I can see how importing a price list would be valuable to you, but I'm afraid adding this functionality is not on our current roadmap. 

As I'm sure you've seen, we have absolutely loads of feature requests, but we are only a small team, so unfortunately we do have to prioritise. This means it can take longer for some features to be implemented.

Apologies that this isn't the answer you were hoping for.

Many thanks,
Ruth
Photo of Jamie Beaton

Jamie Beaton

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has this happened yet?
Photo of Ruth Broderick

Ruth Broderick, Product Manager

• 308 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for getting in touch. Adding the ability to import a price list is not on our current roadmap, but I've added your additional vote to this on our feature request list. 

We use this list to create our product roadmaps, so please rest assured that it won't get forgotten about.

Warm regards,
Ruth
Photo of Dan R

Dan R

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Add a price import feature, no one wants to manually add in hundreds of products.