• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Ruth Broderick

Ruth Broderick, Product Manager

• 319 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can absolutely see how remittance advice would be a valuable addition to FreeAgent, but I'm afraid adding it isn't on our current roadmap. I've captured this as a feature request, and we always review our feature requests when creating our future roadmaps, so please rest assured that this won't get forgotten about.

Warm regards,
Ruth
Photo of Iain

Iain

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I too would like to be able to produce and issue remittance advice from FreeAgent; any news on when this will be available? Thanks Iain
Photo of Ruth Broderick

• 319 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi Iain,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm afraid I have no further updates on adding remittance advice as it's not on our current roadmap, so I don't have any timescales for when this could become available. I have a note of this thread on our feature requests board, so will keep you updated as and when progress is made.

Warm regards,
Ruth
Photo of James Lofthouse

James Lofthouse

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why is this not available? This needs to be implemented as soon as possible. To say its not on your road map is all well and good, but what are you doing to get it on the road map? I note that this thread is over 5 months old, so surely there is some traction or movement in getting it implemented?
Photo of Ruth Broderick

• 319 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch. Adding remittance advice is not on our current roadmap, which runs to the end of the year. We prioritise the features that get onto our roadmap using a whole load of factors, including how the feature fits into our longer term company strategy, the product direction set by our Product Director, and the impact we think the feature will have. 

I appreciate our prioritisation won't please everyone but we have taken a lot of time and effort to try to prioritise work we feel will have the biggest impact. 

Warm regards,
Ruth
Group Product Manager
Photo of James Lofthouse

James Lofthouse

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback, but remittance is a business requirement, insight, recently re-named "Radar" is a convenience feature. while I do appreciate such features lack of functionality is of more concern. As for long  term strategy, can you share this with users such that we can evaluate. Using these products is a commitment, if you're strategy is more "bells and whistles" over "gears and pulleys" then we deserve to know such that we can evaluate our commitment and the functionality of free agent over other providers.